Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Why Flamingos are Pink

Andrew has set the record straight.

I cannot write a story about a blue flamingo because, apparently, flamingos are only pink because they eat shrimp. Who knew? Andrew knew.

Andrew knows a lot of things. For example, the first time he came over, he came over with his roommates and fell asleep on the floor. Apparently I did not make a good first impression (although, really, we had met six months before. He didn't talk then, either). That is not my point. My point is that the first thing I ever remember Andrew Lynn Chandler saying to me besides "uh-huh" or "cool" was "Ostriches don't stick their head in the ground." Such a statement changed my life. How was I supposed to know they only act like they stick their head in the ground. I am not an ostrich scientist. Or a flamingo scientists. 

When I started to write this post, I was going to apologize that I wrote a story about a blue flamingo. But I am not sorry. If I want to make a story about a blue or yellow or green flamingo, I will. I do not care if it is not possible. I defend my flamingo story. Even if it was written in 20 minutes, under developed, and just for pure entertainment. If I want Flamboya to be blue, she will be blue. And no, I will not run Sunshine out for lying. Flamboya forgave her. So can I.

Also, here is Andrew's list of ugly baby animals:
1. Flamingoes
2. Snakes

Just don't tell him baby dragons aren't cute. Because, apparently, baby dragons are adorable. As are baby skunks. As are baby octopuses.

Oh, and if he had a baby skunk, he would name it Wilbur.