Monday, March 23, 2009

So Nice. So Weird.




It is so nice having the person I know I am going to spend the rest of forever with. It is so weird having the person I know I am going to spend the rest of forever with.

No really. Think about it.

All growing up, regardless of race or religion or gender, we think about getting married. It's innate. We all want companionship of some level. Or at least hope for it. I've always been a dreamer, but I was never one to dream about love. Sure, I had my moments where love got me down. But it wasn't the forefront problem in mind. Especially starting last August, I basically only thought about writing and photography and plans for the rest of my life such as humanitarian work and publishing. Then I met Andrew and everything turned upside down.

It's fun though. I like it. I love it. It's nice to sit on the couch and cuddle for hours, though I'm sure my roommates hate it. Sometimes we are a total PDA fest and I would apologize, but my ring sparkles all on it's own. And it's amazing to know that no matter what, there will always be someone there to rely on. Someone more than a friend and someone who chose to be part of your family. Does that sound sappy? I don't care. I used to not care too much for real, nitty gritty love (just ask all my ex's), and now I'm ridiculously in it. For-e-ver.

Oh, and in case you were curious, we're getting married 5 months and 1 day after our first date. YIKES! I love it.