Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Here Comes the Sun.




"Here comes the sun and I say: It's alright. Little darlin, it's been a long, cold lonely winter. Little darlin, it feels like years since it's been here. Here comes the sun, here comes the sun and I say: It's alright. Little darlin, the smile's returning to their faces. Little darlin, it seems like years since it's been here. Here comes the sun. Here comes the sun and I say: It's alright."

Obviously, I did not look too cute today. Oh well. The sun is OUT and it is oh so beautiful. I love it. 

I am not into school or work. This morning when I was prying myself out of bed, Andrew sent me a text telling me that school was our focus right now. I do not want to focus on school. I want to focus on my plans and my man. But then again, I'm so distracted my fingernails are completely chipped, my eyebrows are awry, and I do not want to go tanning. It's funny for me to look back at pictures and see how put together I used to be. Sure, I've always had my own style and sass. But I used to be meticulous about my appearance. Now I just go. This makes me feel guilty because I could be so much hotter. But then again, I don't really care. Because right now, I am so much happier than I ever was at my hottest.

Today I had a long text conversation with a friend I have not seen in a year and a half or so. While texting, she asked me about a boy I used to be extremely close to. This shouldn't have been a surprise since the last time I talked to her I was in the thick of my relationship with said boy. But it still surprised me because I never think about it anymore. I had to put myself back in that situation and think of what was going on the last time we spoke. She was very surprised that our relationship ended and that we no longer spoke. I didn't give her details, just said we parted ways a long time ago. Right after I told her, she asked if I was serious with my boyfriend she saw on facebook. It was funny- like she knew that since I wasn't in my previous relationship, I must be close to getting married to someone else. The point is, it made me think. And all I really have to say is this: I don't know why that relationship happened, nor do I care anymore. Or think about it. I'm so glad I'm with someone who is nice and considerate (even if he is a little punk and a little younger than me which the latter I never, ever thought would happen, even if by four months). I was so unhappy in that relationship, but I stuck with it because I knew it was the right thing to do (Which it was. and it was also right that it didn't work out. Which is twisted and weird but whatev). If it had worked out, I always would have been unhappy. Now I get to be happy all the time and I am so, so glad.

The END.