Sunday, January 18, 2009

Staying Awake


This picture is super cute big, but weird-lookin' small.

I'm just hanging out. Staying awake because I do not have school or work tomorrow, which is fabulous. I finally finished grading papers today while my roommates watch "Another Cinderella Story" and I swear my IQ dropped ten points. Don't get me wrong- the girl in it is cute, and I guess the story is okay if you're into super super teeny bop cheesy. But I am not. I like things to be real, and the movie industry/most of Hollywood really, really bugs me. It also bugs me that so many kids think they need to feel so many emotions about everything all the time. Yes, emotions are good and sometimes you get mad or sad just to feel, but I hate it when I see people create emotions out of nothing. I'm guilty of it, and everyone else probably is as well. That is my tangent.

The other night some boys and a couple of girls came over that we don't really know well. One of the girls and three of the boys stayed well past curfew and they were funny. I was tired and I kept going off on tangents- even more than usual which is ridic because I go on tangents all the time. I can't even help it. For example, Kendra talked about hitting her head on the snow/ice while living at King Henry and I said, "King Henry is just bad for heads. Like this one time, when I was walking home from campus, a bird pooped on my head." And then everyone laughed at me. (That really happened, by the way, and I screamed. Loud. And then I could not stop laughing the whole way home while I tilted my crappy hair away from my face. Drama)

Speaking of drama, that night I kept saying "drama" to every story that was told. And then everyone kept making fun of me for it. One of the boys, his name is Sean, hit the couch and said "DRAMA!" and I was so tired I didn't even know what was going on.

Sometimes I come off as a ditz and I do not even care. Actually, I think I kinda like it because then people are surprised that I'm relatively smart and much more ambitious than most.

Speaking of ambition, lately (as in the past 4 months) this is what I wanna do with my life:

1. Publish not only a novel, but academic essays and short stories. Right now I am writing a novel tentatively titled "When Fireflies Fly" and a children's series called "Lulu and Zuzu's How-To" which is funny.
2. Teach for America when I graduate
3. Grad School somewhere not in the West... probably the North East. And either in American or European History or Creative Writing or Literature (my Dad started out with two focuses in grad school.. I could too. Then again, it took him 10 years to graduate)
4. I STILL need to exhibit photos in a show. I'm just lazy when it comes to that one.
5. Obviously, I wanna get hitched and have about fifteen children, half of them adopted. BUT I want to get married because I am in LOVE and not because I feel like it is my last and/or only chance... I've seen so many girls in Provo rush into marriages they are so not ready for.
6. Also I want to be a better cook
7. Also I want to go on a humanitarian trip or teach English to kids in third world countries
8. If I do not get married, I want to join the Peace Corps
9. Oh, and I wanna be good. :)

"Cause I'm a drifter and I know it doesn't do me any good. Moving on from place to place, never stayin where I should." -Rosi Golan.