Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Look Like My Brother Josh


... Which means I look like a man. Case in point? Look right above this text. That is the best poker face/scary face I can manage, plus the claws. And I still look like a man, despite my flowery headband and eyeliner and painted nails and obvious girl qualities because, well, I am a girl. A girl that looks like her brother and THUS looks like a man. Don't fight with me. [PS I only put the sepia picture up because, well, after writing this post I did not want to start my paper. Still. So I documented myself in old school tones as well. Look at it while listening to the OK Go song about being hot. You know the one. That is all.]


I do not want to write about prostitutes. Well, I do. But I don't. I don't want to write about them at this instant and I do not want to write a historiography because they are difficult. I shouldn't whine. I veto people's papers all the time. In fact, for class on Friday (that I will not be attending thanks to the baptism of my cute little brother David), my class has to read Emile by Rousseau. Want to know what I did on Monday and last night while dinner was cooking? I graded almost thirty papers about Emile. Except they focused on the parts with the priest, and I need to focus on the education of women because that is what you do in Women's Classes.

Also, last night I failed a test.
Well, maybe not. But maybe so.
I'll find out within the week.

Today in the class I bombed my test in (transatlantic literature), I sat and thought about how I would rather be writing and how this summer I want to quit my jobs and work in a flower shop and write my book outside. Because my book is waning in love. That is not okay. I want my first book to be in the publishing works when I graduate college. A little too ambitious? Maybe. I do not care. I can do it. But I'll tell you, ever since I decided (for real) that I wanted to be a writer, my grades have suffered. Because instead of studying, I just want to write. Don't get me wrong, I love to read. It is important. But I want to WRITE. And about things I want to write about. 

On another note, I do not like to make decisions or spend a lot of money, but I made some today and I bought three skirts on eBay. I know what you're thinking: eBay. Gross. You are wrong. EBay, when used correctly, is a gem. The only downside is that you do not get to try the clothes on. Like that green dress that looked super cute online and was a terror in the box. Or the white dress that never came. Whatev. Four bucks ain't gonna break no one. At least not today.

Man, I am long winded when I do not want to do something.
Scratch that, I am long winded all the time.